You can configure the BioStar 2 Cloud to connect to the BioStar 2 web client with URL from anywhere, even outside your local network.
Please check if your basic configuration is done correctly and then move on to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Learn how to configure the cloud in the following knowledgebase link.
2. After applying the cloud in BioStar 2, an email will be sent to the administrator as follows:
3. Click on the link to finish the verification process.
4. Check that you can access your web client via URL.
5. If the URL doesn't work, stop and restart BioStar service through BioStar Setting.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, proceed below.
1. Unblock the following URL and ports in your local server PC, your main firewall, and in other security settings or software (group policy, antivirus etc.):
* The below URL must be added as a trusted site
Port: 52000, 4443
You can check if port 4443 is open by using telnet.
To use telnet:
a. Open control panel > programs and features.
b. Click Turn Windows features on or off
c. Activate the Telnet Client and click ok.
d. Run telnet.exe in the start menu.
e. Type o cloud.biostar2.com 4443 and press enter
f. If port 4443 is not blocked, you should see the following screen
Note: If you get a different result because the port is blocked, check with the network admin to unblock the necessary ports and URL mentioned in step 1.
2. Check if ngrok process is running
Note: the ngrok process provides the tunneling service
a. run task manager (press ctrl + shift + esc key)
b. click Show process from all users
c. Check that ngrok.exe is active
3. Provide us a screenshot of Cloud configuration page
If that doesn't resolve the issue,
1. Provide us a copy of the setting.conf and system.conf files
The files are in the path below:
C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)
2. Provide us a copy of all the log files in the following folder
C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\logs
If the biostar_xxxx-xx-xx logs file size are too large, please provide the most recent log file.
Please provide the launcher, nginx-service logs as well.
3. Provide a screenshot of the result of step 1-f above as below
it should appear as this:
If it didn't result in this screen it means your network / server pc is blocking the cloud ports mentioned in #1 so you will have to resolve that first before requesting further support.