What is a Blacklist?
A list of cards that are denied for authentication on the BioStar device. When a card is lost or stolen, misuse can be prevented by registering the ID of the card in the blacklist.
Why would you want to delete a blacklisted CSN card?
In BioStar 2, if you
- Block (blacklist) a CSN card and then delete card
- Block (blacklist) a CSN card and then delete the user
In such cases, you cannot reuse this card because the card remains in the Blacklist and there is no way to delete it from the list.
The best way to prevent such problems is to delete the user after unblocking the card so please keep that in mind.
In a future version of BioStar 2 you will be able to delete such Blacklisted cards within the UI, but for now, you can use the temporary solution below to delete the Blacklisted card.
Note: This solution only applies for CSN cards.
Note: the information below is for Maria DB type which is the default database of BioStar 2.
If you would like to run the query on a database management program manually, you can run the query below.
start transaction; USE biostar2_ac; DELETE FROM T_BLKL WHERE CRDUID = (SELECT CRDUID FROM T_CRD WHERE CRDCSN='134149339' ) ; UPDATE T_LSTSYNSTA SET BLKL = 0; COMMIT;
Enter your card number in '134149339' and run the query.
If you would like to run a script without installing a database management program, you can use the attached .bat file.
Change the file extension to .bat and run it with administrator privileges on the PC with the database.
BioStar 2.2.1 and Lower Versions
Caution: This process makes direct changes to your database so please back up your database before proceeding: [BioStar 2] Database Backup and Restore Instructions
1. Find the card CSN in Setting > Card > Blacklist Card and write the number down.
2. Stop BioStar 2 service in BioStar Setting.
3. Download SQLite Expert Personal 32bit. (http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html)
4. Install the program.
5. Run the program.
6. Open the DB file by clicking File > Open Database > C:\Program Files (x86)\BioStar 2\db\biostar2.
7. Paste the query below and change the '1927837329' below to your card’s CSN number.
BEGIN TRANSACTION; DELETE FROM T_BLKL WHERE CRDUID = (SELECT CRDUID FROM T_CRD WHERE CRDCSN='1927837329' ) ; UPDATE T_LSTSYNSTA SET BLKL = 0; COMMIT;
8. Click Execute SQL.
9. Start BioStar 2 service in BioStar Setting.
10. Check if the Blacklisted card has been deleted from Setting > Card > Blacklist Card.