In order to change the language displayed on the device, you have to change the resource file of the device.
Follow the steps below to translate the device UI language.
1. Download the resource file from the following link
BioLiteNet v2 resource file is attached on this article.
2. When you receive the resource file, download the attached file.
3. Change the downloaded file extension to .exe.
4. Run the program with administrator privileges.
5. Click Open.
6. Select All file for file names.
7. Select your resource file and click Open.
8. Enter your firmware version in Version.
9. Enter you device model in Device Type.
10. Select your card type on Card Type.
Note: You can save your progress by clicking Save.
11. Change the text as desired on the visible rows.
- Custom UI usually starts in line 40000.
- If you find editing on the program inefficient, you can open the rc file with a common text reading tool and edit it from there and then open the file in the tool only to build the resource file.
12. Click Build.
13. The resource file is created in the same directory your ResourceTool_V1.0.0.exe is in.
14. Copy the .bin resource file to C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\resource
15. Log in to BioStar 2 web client.
16. Select your device.
17. Go to Advanced > Display/Sound.
18. In Language select Custom.
19. Click Update Resource.
20. Select your resource file.
21. Click Yes when a popup appears.
22. Click Apply.
Note: double check if the Language has changed to Custom.
The device will reset after applying the resource file.
Check that your change has been applied properly on the device.
If you are using a language that requires a special font, uncomment the font at the end of the .rc file to apply the font.
For instance, if you are using an Arabic language, uncomment the Arabic line and save the file.
Translate and tag the file with the same tool as shown above.
Apply the resource file in the Display/Sound menu of the device.