This article refers to https://support.bioconnect.com/s/article/January-1-2021-Switchover-Issue-Biomini.
January 1, 2021 - Switchover Issue: Biomini
Updated Jan 6, 2021
BCE-2021-0002: BioMini Hotfix
January 1, 2021
BioMini may fail to connect for BioConnect Enterprise (BCE) customers, starting on January 1, 2021 (local time). This hotfix applies to BCE versions up to and including BCE 4.5. For support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following four steps should be followed to correct any impacted BCE server(s):
- Connect to the server running BCE as an Administrator, open the Windows File Explorer, and navigate to the following directories:
BCE version 4.0 – 4.5:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BioConnect\BioConnect Client
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BioConnect\BioConnect Services\Devices
BCE version 1.x – 3.x:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertech Systems\BioConnect
- Make a backup copy of the UFScanner.dll file located in that directory.
- Download and unzip an updated UFScanner.dll file from the BioConnect support website:
- Stop BioConnect services and then replace the existing UFScanner.dll file with the updated version and restart your BCE services.
- NOTE: Be sure to stop your BioConnect services before replacing the file.
A full rollback of this hotfix may be done by replacing the updated UFScanner.dll with the original backup copy (see Step 2, above) and restarting your BCE services.