We can provide very limited assistance if this script fails.
If this script fails please consider using the MySQL Workbench to back up your database manually.
Manual backup instructions are shown in the link below:
- This script was written and tested with BioStar 2.4.1, and it may not work with older or newer versions of BioStar 2
- Run the tool in a folder which does not have special characters, long folder names, or non-english name
- This script was written and tested only on a Windows 7 PC.
- Run the autodb_backup_script_generator.bat as normal privileges if you run into errors with a admin privileges
- The final batch script that is created has to be run with administrator privileges in the task scheduler
- It is highly recommended that you run the backup when there is minimal use of the server PC and BioStar 2
- Your back up file is stored in [your drive]:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\ta\mariadb-10.1.10-winx64\bin as ACbackup.sql and TAbackup.sql
- the most recent backup file will always replace backup file when you run the process multiple times.
1. Download the file: http://webhard.suprema.co.kr//ExFd/15117/21594.zip
2. Unzip the file.
3. Double click autodb_backup_script_generator.bat on your server PC.
- Try running with normal privileges (not admin privileges) if you run into errors
4. Follow the instructions shown in the script.
5. If the script is run successfully, my_db_backup_script.bat file will be generated in the same folder.
6. Click on the Windows Start Button.
7. Open Task Scheduler.
8. Click on Create Task… on the Actions tab.
9. On the General tab enter a desired task Name.
10. Select Run whether user is logged on or not.
11. Check Run with highest privileges.
12. Select your OS on Configure for:
13. Click on the Triggers tab.
14. Click New…
15. Enter your desired schedule and click OK.
16. Click on the Actions tab.
17. Click New…
18. On Action, select Start a program.
19. Click Browse…
20. Select your my_db_backup_script.bat from the directory you saved the file.
21. Click OK.
Your back up file is stored in [your drive]:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\ta\mariadb-10.1.10-winx64\bin as ACbackup.sql and TAbackup.sql
For instructions on restoring you database, refer to [BioStar 2] Database Backup and Restore Instructions