The system log file is the file that takes the most space for BioStar 2. It keeps the logs for troubleshooting purposes, and it is created daily by the BioStar 2 service.
It is recommended to leave the system logs as is but if you would like to delete it manually because there are no issues at your site, refer to the link below:
If you would like to change the system log level to have less data created daily, you can follow the steps below:
Caution: If you change the level higher than the default level (4-5), the system logs will not be helpful for troubleshooting purposes.
You can find the log level configuration file in your BioStar 2 installation folder/log.conf as shown below:
1. Stop BioStar 2 services in BioStar Setting.
2. Open log.conf file.
3. Change the level value and save the file.
* Default is 3. Higher level (5) has less detail and lower level (1) has more detail.
* Level meaning: TRACE(1) /DEBUG(2) /INFO(3) /WARN(4) /ERROR(5)
* If you would like the least amount of space used, you would change to 5
4. Start BioStar 2 with BioStar Setting