A new API has been released with BioStar 2.7.10.
There is the main difference from the old API server that new API does not require a separate API server installation for using API. Just install or upgrade BioStar 2.7.10 to use a new API.
* Please note that the old Local API server(v2.6.3)is compatible with BioStar 2.7.10.
How to access that Swagger of new API.
The way how to access the Swagger of the new API is changed from before. Please refer to the screenshot below.
- [BioStar 2 address] + '/swagger/index.html'
eg,) BioStar 2 address> https://192.168.16.35:456
New BioStar 2 API Swagger> https://192.168.16.35:456/swagger/index.html
If you activated BioStar 2 Cloud service, then you can alkaccess the Swagger by using your Cloud address.
Also, there are 2 main differences between the old API Swagger and the new API.
1. Need to additional save cookie information after login.
> How to save cookie information?
- Success to login using the API that '[POST] /api/login'.
- Get the cookie from the response.
- Click the button named 'Authorize'
- Save the result of cookie what you get from the response.
If you are the success that saves the cookie, you can find the lock icon's share is changed.
* If you have the issue about 'session-id', please refer to the article below.
2. Expanded that available features with API
Before in the old API, the API supported the restricted features of BioStar 2's AC.
But, the new API supports all of BioStar 2's AC features. For more information, please refer to the new API Swagger.
* If you are using the port 443 to connect BioStar 2, please click the below link to connect to the new API Swagger.