Video integration of BioStar2
– It’s a simple feature to see recorded video and pictures from NVR for certain log events. For video/picture confirmation, Realtime monitoring is not supported by BioStar2.
(Needs Biostar Ac Advanced license)
Note: If BioStar 2 server is installed with MS-SQL, the Video feature of BioStar2 v2.5 is not supported.
Supported NVR : ACTi, Dahua, Hikvision
Please confirm the following information and check your NVR connection with BioStar2 2.5 before you proceed with your project.
1. Hikvision NVR
1) SDK version: v5.2.771
2) Tested NVR list : DS-7608NI-E2, DS-7616NI-E2, iVMS4200 v2.4(PC-NVR)
2. Dahua NVR
1) SDK version: v2.14.50523
2) Tested NVR list : DH-NVR608-32-4K, DH-NVR4416, SmartPSS V1.13.1.R.20160504(PC-NVR)
3. Acti NVR
1) SDK version: v184.108.40.206
2) Tested NVR list : NVR3 V.220.127.116.11_20161128 Enterprise(PC-NVR)
1. Confirm if BioStar 2 Server machine is installed on x64 machine.
2. Confirm if Video Server of BioStar Setting is running
3. Go to Settings>Active BioStar 2 Video License
4. Confirm if you add a device and configure a door. Video configuration will operate in accordance with a log event of a configured door of a device.
5. Click on [Video] menu.
6. Click [Add New NVR] > Enter information of NVR
7. To add a camera of NVR, click [Add New Camera] or right-click on the NVR list.
8. Click one of the added camera and confirm the camera and configure certain log event to take a video or picture.
- Log type: Choose one of the log types. It supports Video type and Image type.
- Door: Choose one of the doors to take a video/image from NVR.
- Event: Choose certain logs from all log lists. Biostar2 will keep the recorded video/image for the certain logs
9. Make a certain log event to check the settings with NVR.
10. Biostar2 will indicate the video/image after 3 mins.
11. Go to the [Monitoring] menu and click [Event log].
12. Confirm the log event and see the [view] list. To confirm the recorded data from NVR, click [ ▷ ] or an image icon to the view list.
13. BioStar2 supports large size of video file/image file.
Related article> How to Configure Live Video View