When a user installed MySQL 5.5.and ODBC connector x86 to connect BioStar Server, BioStar will be not started if Database server and BioStar server are installed on different PC.
Relevant error message
Cannot connect to SQL Server
It’s because that you didn't allow the root account to access MySQL server of PC A.
- Check if MySQL allows to access DB from remote site
1. Close BioStar Server Config and Run [Windows Task Manager]
2. End [BSServer.exe] and Run ODBC connector x86 (32bit) to PC B which has BioStar Server
3. To set acess account, you should connect PC A and run MySQL client console
4. To check the access right, run this query below. This query will show about current access level of mysql users.
As you can see, the root account is only available to local host.
SELECT Host, User, Password FROM mysql.users;
5.In case of that, we need to create new account and set password. For the command, please refer this.
After entering this command, you can create new user and assign access level for MySQL server.
* Create new account to access MySQL from remote site
GRANT ALL ON DBNAME.* TO ‘NEW ACCOUNT' IDENTIFIED BY ‘PASSWORD';
* Allow access right for the user
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DBNAME.* TO ‘ACCOUNT'@’HOSTNAME' IDENTIFIED BY ‘PASSWORD‘;
1) % : Allows all IP address
2) IP : Allows certain IP address
3)LOCALHOST : Allows localhost only
6. After all progress is done, run DB setup.exe file and enter the valid information.
7. If all information is correct, Biostar Server will be started well.