- Can we upgrade version 1 device to version 2 device to use BioStar2 SW?
- Can we downgrade version 1 device to version 1 device to use BioStar1 SW?
- Answer is "Yes", but it depends on the firmware and the device type.
- Refer the explanation below.
This article is for Suprema Authorized Distributor and Suprema Sales team only.
The line of 1st generation entry level devices are as follows: Xpass, Xpass 2, BioEntry Plus, Bioentry W, BioLiteNet
These devices (with the latest hardware version) are supported in both BioStar 1 and BioStar 2, but not with the same firmware.
To convert for each firmware, you should use Entryupgrade software.
Before considering the upgrade progress, please make sure your environment allows the following configuration.
If not, your device will malfunction in the upgrade process and you will have to process the device through RMA.
Before upgrading a site from BioStar 1 to BioStar 2, please refer to the feature limitations of entry devices in BioStar 2:
[Announcement] Notification About Feature Limitations with 1st Generation Entry Devices
- Confirm that the PC with the Entryupgrade tool installed is available to detect a device via UDP. UDP is required for the upgrade retry process when there is upgrade failure.
* If your PC has multiple network cards, turn other network cards off except for the one that will search the device.
- Confirm if the PC is available to access Internet. The Entryupgrade tool checks the license of Entryupgrade tool though Internet access.
3) DHCP server
- Confirm if the customer has DHCP server or DHCP router to assign a dynamic IP address to a device.
- If not, there will be upgrade failure during firmware upgrade.
Please follow the instructions below to install the Entry Upgrade Tool (v2.2.1b).
1. Delete the old version of entry upgrade tool (if you have it installed).
2. Download the entry upgrade file:
Regarding the Engryupgrade tool and FW.ini file, please contact to our sales representative.
The entry upgrade tool to downgrade and upgrade the firmware to 1x <> 2.x is provided to our local partners.
3. Extract the files from the zip file.
4. Install the tool.
5. Follow the PDF guide in the zip to upgrade your device.
Please let us know how many upgrade/downgrades you need and our sales representative will be able to provide the ini file for you.
Note: If you are downgrading a BioLiteNet with firmware version of 2.3.1 or higher version, please downgrade to the 2.2.6 before proceeding a downgrade to 1.x with the tool.