From BioStar v2.7.2 or higher version, "Password Level" configuration location has been moved from "Server>General" to "Security" in Settings.
In addition, BioStar 2 or higher version support new features which are related password.
<How To Configure Password Level of user in BioStar2 Setting>
- BioStar 2.7.1 or lower version: BioStar 2 > Settings > Server > General
- BioStar 2.7.2 or higher version: BioStar 2 > Settings > Security
< BioStar2 User Login Password Policy>
There are 4 things related password new features.
|Change Password Level options||Set the policy for the password complexity for BioStar 2 login.|
* If you want to use BioStar 2 Cloud service, please select "Medium" or "Strong".
|Maximum Password Age||You can set the period for which you want to use the password.|
If you the Maximum Password Age is exceeded, a password change request message is displayed at login.
* You can set the Maximum Password Age from 1 day to 180 days.
|Maximum Invalid Attempts||You can set the Maximum Invalid Attempts and the time limit.|
If you enter the wrong password more than the set number of times, you will not be able to log in for the time limit.
|Maximum Password Change Limit||You can set the Maximum Password Change Limit.|
* You can set the Maximum Password Change Limit up to 10 times.