Dear Valued Partners,
BioStar 2 v2.8.0 is now available from our website. (Download)
Please check the below and keep using the latest version of BioStar 2.
Note. please review two cases before installing or upgrading BioStar 2.
Depending on the case, the default encryption setting is different.
Case 1. Start fresh with a clean installation
The default encryption option of Personal Data on BioStar 2 Database is [USE].
If you are considering a DB link for the ERP system, please consider this part with your system engineer and you cannot integrate BioStar 2 DB directly due to the personal data encryption.
Case 2. Upgrade from the formal version of BioStar 2
BioStar 2 v2.8 or higher version will keep the previous configuration of Personal Data Encryption. It means the option should be manually enabled by BioStar 2 administrator if you were not using the option Encrypt Personal Data on Database during using the formal version BioStar 2.
New Features & Improvements
1. DB encryption to enhance security on personal information. (Related Article)
- Encrypts profile image, user ID, name, phone number, user IP, Email information for sender and recipients, login ID, login password, face template, fingerprint template, card ID, smart card layout key, custom information for user and visitor, and image logs.
- Supports manual key storage path setting for encryption key.
[How to encrypt personal data on the database]
[Warning pop up window]
[Enable the encryption feature from BioStar 2]
1. Firmware upgrade does not succeed properly when using ‘Secure Communication with Device’ option.
2. An issue when using ‘Secure Communication with Device’ generates a false error indicating Wiegand readers cannot be used since the firmware or device does not support the option.