Suprema Webinar : Customization Case Studies: Ticket Printing for Canteen System, QR Code Detection for User Credential
Suprema offers not only Access Control and Time Attendance by BioStar 2, but also a variety of systems through FW/SW customization.
In this webinar session, we will see the solution of ticket printer connection and QR code detection that have been frequently requested for customization.
- Ticket printer integration is often used to print meal tickets through ticket printers based on the result of successful user authentication from the device.
- QR code integration is used to replace the card number by detecting the QR code on the A2/FS2 camera.
In this webinar, you can learn about ticket printer and QR code customization case studies.
Please find out the the below descriptions, the recorded video file, the Q&A list, and the relevant article links below.
Recorded video file: Click here.
Presentation file: Please find the attached file.
Q&A list: Please find the attached file.
- Integration with thermal printer
- How to make a customization request?
- Connection & configuration
- Demo and Q&A
- How to configure QR authentication
- How to make a customization request for QR code ?
- Demo and Q&A
Eduardo Palma, Pre-Sales Technical Manager at Suprema Latin America Region
Top 7 Q&A List
Q.1) What kind of brand and model of thermal printer can we use the customized firmware?
- You can use any brand and model of thermal printers, but you need to consider that thermal printer should support serial communication.
Q.2) Can we have a demo firmware for any of the supported model to test or show demo to customers?
- Yes, you can have the demo firmware. Please contact Suprema Authorized Partner and Suprema Sales team for further support.
Q.3) If update this customized firmware, can we revert to normal firmware?
- Yes, you can revert. Reverting firmware to normal one is as same as upgrading firmware. Please check linked article.
- [BioStar 2] How to Upgrade Device Firmware
Q.4) How do you schedule for staff who is required to eat for more than once?
- Currently, it is not ready to provide to customers. We should consider a customization, so please contact us for further support.
Q.5) Please explain the difference between FaceLite and FaceStation 2. Why can we use the QR detection with FaceStation 2 not FaceLite?
- FaceStation 2 has two cameras; one is a visual camera and another one is an IR camera. Visual camera is useful to show the customer's face and take a picture to leave image logs . IR camera is for Face Recognition.
- Since FaceLite doesn't have the visual camera onto the device, you can use QR Code detection with FaceStation 2 which has the visual camera to detect QR Code.
- For more detailed information for the difference, please refer to the below link.
- [BioStar 2] New Production Introduction : What is FaceLite?
Q.6) Can we use double factor, for example, QR code + PIN?
- Yes, you can set up authentication mode in BioStar 2 > Deice menu.
- [BioStar 2] Configuring Authentication Mode
Q.7) Can we use QR code customized feature in VISITOR Module?
- We are sorry but it is not supported now. You cannot manually put card number for Visitors.