Dear Valued Partners,
BioStar 2.8.10 is now available from our website. (Download)
Please check the below and keep using the latest version of BioStar 2.
New Features & Improvements
1. Enhanced Visual Face functionality.
- Supports drag & drop when registering Visual Face with 'Upload Image.'
- Provides guidance on success or failure of Visual Face Mobile Enrollment so that users can retry registration in the case of failure.
- Changed the maximum size and capacity for Visual Face image files.
2. Improved Thermal Camera functionality.
- Added minimum threshold temperature setting.
* Device firmware versions that support minimum threshold temperature setting:
|FaceStation 2 firmware||FaceStation F2 firmware|
|1.4.2 or later||1.0.2 or later|
3. Improved Email Settings.
- Limited the file size of a company logo image to 5 MB.
- Added a warning message for attempting to send a Send Visual Face Mobile Enrollment Link without setting the SMTP.
- Added a warning message for attempting to send a Visual Face Mobile Enrollment Link to users without email information.
- Supports SMTP servers that do not require a username and password.
4. Intelligent Slave Support. (Relevant Article)
- Intelligent Slave: A function that enables 1:1 or 1:N matching directly from the Suprema device and transmits the authentication result as OSDP card data to the third-party controller.
- Supported devices: BioEntry W2 firmware 1.6.3 or later
5. Supports new Export/Import User Information. (Relevant Article)
* The existing data file Export/Import User Information method from older BioStar 2 versions will not be supported after upgrading to this version.
* Device firmware versions that support new Export/Import User Information:
|BioStation 2 firmware||BioStation A2 firmware||FaceStation 2 firmware||FaceStation F2 firmware|
|1.9.0 or later||1.8.0 or later||1.4.0 or later||1.0.0 or later|
* For Visual Face registered through Upload Image or mobile links, data cannot be transferred to the FaceStation F2 using the Export/Import User Information.
6. Screensaver support for FaceStation 2 and FaceStation F2.
7. New API 2.8.10 standard supplement. (Relevant Article)
- The largest user group ID was sent as a response value regardless of the user group ID when creating a user group using POST/api/user_groups.
- Stabilized Swagger API functions related to server matching, CSV export and import.
8. Improved to recover only the file having an error when a conf file error occurs.
9. Updated the German resource file.
* Main bug fixes are mentioned below. Please check the attached revision note to find the left items.
- User and user groups were not getting updated after upgrading to 2.7.11 or later from BioStar 2 version 2.6.0 or earlier in an HTTP-enabled environment. (Affects version: v2.7.11)
- A warning message indicating to upgrade the firmware to the latest release was not displayed when connecting to FaceStation F2 running an older version of the firmware. (Affects version: v2.8.6)
- Device default authentication mode was able to be used for users while Private Mode was set to “Exclude Device Default Authentication Mode”. (Affects version: v2.8.6)
- The Celsius/Fahrenheit mark was incorrectly displayed in the Trigger & Action alert email. (Affects version: v2.8.8)
- The server did not work properly if the event code contained invalid values when generating Trigger & Action-related event logs. (Affects version: v2.7.12)
Registering a Visual Face was not correctly done due to image rotation when using Chrome version 86. (Affects version v2.8.6)
A simultaneous connection error occurred when connecting with the same account at the same time, even though Simultaneous Connection Allow was disabled. (Affects version: v2.7.11)
Visual Face CSV import failed when using the Wiegand format or a Custom User Field. (Affects version: v2.8.8)
Email transmission did not function properly when SMTP Security Type was 'None' or 'TLS' in email settings. (Affects version: v2.8.6)
From BioStar 2 version 2.8.5 or earlier using MS SQL Server database, if the BioStar 2 was upgraded to a higher version after turning off the “Encrypt Personal Data on Database” the event logs did not appear from the Event Log menu. (Affects version: v2.8.0)
If there were duplicate rows in the TA database’s Punch Log, the TIME ATTENDANCE menu could not be accessed after upgrading the version to 2.8.9. (Affects version: v2.8.9)
Face Detect Settings was initialized after changing face settings from the FaceStation F2’s configuration page. (Affects version: v2.8.9)
User synchronization in the T&A menu did not work properly when adding users or editing user information after deleting a user with a history of modifying the punch logs. (Affects version: v2.8.9)
The event list was not displayed in event log data exported to PDF. (Affects version: v2.8.9)
The options for Wiegand Input, Output, and Input/Output were displayed as if they were able to be set simultaneously from the FaceStation F2’s configuration page. (Affects version: v2.8.6)
If clicking Apply in the SERVER menu after setting the mobile access card option to 'Use', the setting was changed to 'Not Use'.
When registering a new user by using the same user ID of the deleted user who had Punch logs, the previous user's Punch logs were displayed. (Affects version: v2.8.9)