This document is an additional setup guide for users who install BioStar 2 and MS SQL on different PCs, using Windows Authentication and using a domain user account in the Active Directory.
After installation according to the document linked below, please configure additional settings described in this article.
1. Who should check this document
- Please refer to this article only if all three conditions below are satisfied.
1) BioStar 2 server and MS SQL DB are installed on different PCs.
2) Will use Windows Authentication of MS SQL.
3) The administrator is a domain user managed by Active Directory.
2. How to set up the environment
Step 1. Please refer to the linked document for basic settings and installation.
- Follow from '2. Basic Configuration for Active Directory PC environment'.
- [BioStar 2] Supports Windows Authentication for MS SQL Database Server Connections
- The domain user account that will use Windows Authentication in MS SQL will be set as an administrator for the BioStar 2 server as well.
Step 2. On the BioStar 2 server PC, please configure the BioStar 2 related services to run under a specific Active Directory user account.
- Run services.msi on the BioStar 2 server PC.
- Refer to the picture below to set up a login account for each BioStar 2 App.
- Need to do the same settings for: BioStar 2 Launcher(x64), BioStar 2 Web Server(x64), BioStar 2 TA Web Server(x64), BioStar 2 Video Web Server(x64).