To meet the market requirement to manage user and administrator privileges through a single directory, Suprema has improved the function to log in to BioStar 2 through an Active Directory account starting with BioStar 2.8.16.
If you are new to BioStar 2's Active Directory integration, please refer to the below document.
1. How to enable the 'Use for BioStar 2 Login'
- Go to [Settings > Active Directory > Active Directory Server].
- Only Active Directory users synced to BioStar 2 can log in, and you must set operator Level for this user.
- When syncing with Active Directory, Active Directory users with the same login ID as the Login ID used in BioStar 2 or whose ID is '1' will be excluded.
- Except for User ID 1 (Administrator) user, the window for entering Login ID/Password is not displayed on the user detail page regardless of Operator Level.
|When you DO NOT USE "Use for BioStar 2 Login"||When you USE "Use for BioStar 2 Login"|
- User ID '1 (Administrator)' can log in to use BioStar 2 if there is an issue such as a system failure in the Active Directory server.