To meet the market requirement to manage user and administrator privileges through a single directory, Suprema has improved the function to log in to BioStar 2 through an Active Directory account starting with BioStar 2.8.16.
If you are new to BioStar 2's Active Directory integration, please refer to the below document.
[BioStar 2] How To Configure Active Directory in BioStar2
[BioStar 2] How To Confirm Active Directory Information
1. How to enable the 'Use for BioStar 2 Login'
- Go to [Settings > Active Directory > Active Directory Server].
- Only Active Directory users synced to BioStar 2 can log in, and you must set operator Level for this user.
- When syncing with Active Directory, Active Directory users with the same login ID as the Login ID used in BioStar 2 or whose ID is '1' will be excluded.
- Except for User ID 1 (Administrator) user, the window for entering Login ID/Password is not displayed on the user detail page regardless of Operator Level.
|When you DO NOT USE "Use for BioStar 2 Login"||When you USE "Use for BioStar 2 Login"|
- User ID '1 (Administrator)' can log in to use BioStar 2 if there is an issue such as a system failure in the Active Directory server.