How to export and import users
Created by: Michael Murphy
Modified on: Wed, May 18, 2022 at 11:13 PM
In BioStar 2 you can import users in bulk with their basic user information such as user name, user ID, card ID and etc.
You can export the user information in BioStar 2 in a CSV file and you can import them using CSV file as well.
CSV import does not allow you to import user fingerprint template.
Starting in BioStar 2.3, the CSV import feature was improved to have the following features:
1. Mapping of the columns.
2. Option to preserve or overwrite users with same user ID.
3. Error Output when import fails.
- Outputs the row that failed to import
1. Click on the USER menu.
2. Select a user or multiple users to export.
If you want to export all users in the server, click on the dropdown button and click Select All.
3. Click on … below the user search bar.
4. Click CSV Export.
5. The csv file is stored in your Windows Downloads folder.
sort the values by them. When you export them after sorting, the excel data are sorted as it’s sorted on BioStar 2.
1. You can click on the column names to
The best method to know the import format is to export a user first.
See the instructions above to export a user.
You can open a .csv file with any text editing tool or a program like Microsoft Excel.
The columns are separated with commas so it may be hard to read with a basic text editor.
However a program such as Microsoft Excel shows separate columns so it is easier to edit in such programs.
1. Export a user from BioStar 2 as shown in the instruction above.
2. Open the file with Windows Excel (or you can use any text editing tool).
3. To add new users, use the same format to add extra rows.
4. Remember to save the file format as a .csv file (separated with commas) and not a .txt or excel file.
1. If you enter the user information in a language other than English or Korean, save the CSV file in UTF-8 format.
2. Supports DD/MM/YYYY format, Date format does not support MM/DD/YYYY format
3. If there are additional columns in the CSV file other than the basic user columns, BioStar 2 will fail to import the CSV file.
5. Go to the USER tab in BioStar 2.
6. Click on …
7. Click CSV Import.
8. Select your file in your local PC and click Next.
9. Check that the columns are set properly. The CSV Field name should match the User Data Field name if you used a csv format that was exported from BioStar 2.
10. Select an option for cases where the same ID exists in BioStar 2.
11. Click Next.
If an error occurs a popup message will appear that will allow you to download a file.
When you download this file, it will hold the row that failed to upload.
Check the content to see if there are any issue in those rows.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.