Live Finger Detection (LFD) is a technology that detects fake fingerprints copied using rubber, silicone, clay, glue, film, etc. There are two mechanisms for Live Finger Detection. One mechanism is using hardware-based, and another mechanism is using software-based.
Previously, Suprema supported the LFD function only for some devices that support LFD in hardware.
- Available Devices (LFD in hardware): BioStation A2, BioStation L2, BioEntry W2
However, if more customers use the latest BioStar 2 and device firmware to enhance the security of fingerprint authentication, it also supports the function to support software LFD.
You can use the latest features of Suprema through a version upgrade.
* BioStar 2 must match the device model and firmware information.
|FaceStation F2 (ODB)||v1.0.0 or above||TBD||TBD|
** Devices and firmware supporting LFD will be added according to the future release schedule.
1) Level of Live Finger Detection
- Not Use
- More Strict
- Most Strict
2) How to configure in the BioStar 2
BioStar 2.9.0 + BLN2 v1.5.0
BioStar 2.8.16 + BLN2 v1.4.2
3) How to configure on the device menu directly (sample on BLN2)