Dear Valued Partners,
We would like to announce that BioStar 2 Time Attendance features are improved in 2.8.17.
As v2.8.17 will not be released on the Suprema website because BioStar v2.8.9 will be released soon.
The new features in BioStar 2.8.17 will be available in our next version, BioStar 2.9.0.
Please check the below and keep using the latest version of BioStar 2.
New Features & Improvements
1. Improved Time & Attendance security vulnerabilities.
- Restricted unsupported cipher suites from server settings.
- Updated DB driver to the latest version.
- Updated jQuery to the latest version. (Support: v3.1.1)
2. Supports deleting Time & Attendance punch logs after a certain period. (Relevant Article)
Please refer to the relevant article before applying this feature on the running sites.
3. Improved the API creating modified punch logs to have custom device names. (Relevant Article)
1. ‘Floating shift’ not being able to set ‘Punch in granted time range’ to start from 00:00 (Affects version: v2.7.2)
2. ‘Floating shift’ not being able to set the time segment from 00:00 to before the ‘Day start time’ (Affects version: v2.7.0)
3. Not able to access the Time & Attendance menu when changing the server protocol to HTTP from HTTPS (Affects version: v2.8.10)
4. Searching users in a specific language doesn’t work in an environment using MS SQL Server database (Affects version: v2.2.1)
5. Work time not calculated correctly when using ‘First check-in & Last check-out’ and ‘Meal deduction’ configured as ‘Fixed’ at the same time (Affects version: v2.7.0)
6. ‘T&A Required’ option could not be changed to No from Yes when device’s ‘T&A Mode’ is set as ‘By User’ from the Time & Attendance Setting menu (Affects version: v2.8.5)
7. Users get deleted intermittently from Time & Attendance menu when moving users to another user group and deleting the previous group itself (Affects version: v2.8.9)
8. Reports not being generated when operators logged in concurrently (Affects version: v2.2.1)
9. Custom fields get applied only after 2 attempts from the column settings of the reports’ ‘Filter Conditions’ (Affects version: v2.7.9)
10. Filter conditions not showing the full result of user group search once the search result gets deleted and followed by another user group (Affects version: v2.2.1)
11. Deleted users from BioStar 2 still appear in the Time & Attendance menu (Affects version: v2.8.16)
12. When the Device Setting is changed after the T&A service is started, the "Login Required" Alert pop-up continuously occurs (Affects version: v2.8.9)