BioStar 2: v2.9.1 or above
CoreStation: v1.6.1 or above
CoreStation's OSDP Version: OSDP v2.2
Qualified 3rd party reader: HID® Signo™ Keypad Reader 20 & 20K, STid ARCS-A/BT & B/BT
In various sites where Suprema products are used, there has been a requirement not only to install only Suprema devices but also to connect third-party devices to Suprema devices through OSDP protocol with higher security than Wiegand.
Suprema has released a new function to support 3rd party OSDP readers in CoreStation when using BioStar 2 v2.9.1 and CoreStation v1.6.1 or later versions to fulfill the customers' demand.
* Note: This function is not supported by CoreStation Setup Manager.
You CANNOT use the 3rd party OSDP readers as a device for enrolling cards.
1. Supported 3rd party readers
- Please refer to the list of devices confirmed by Suprema below.
|HID® Signo™ Keypad Reader 20 & 20K||ARCS-A/BT & B/BT|
[Table 1 - Confirmed 3rd party device list]
2. How to add 3rd party OSDP reader to CoreStation
A. Check if the BioStar 2 version is v2.9.1 or above, and the CoreStation firmware version is v1.6.1 or above.
|V2.9.1 or above||V1.6.1 or above|
[Table 2 - Supported version of BioStar 2 and CoreStation]
B. Wiring a 3rd party OSDP reader to CoreStation as the sample below.
Maximum 8 devices are connectable to one single CoreStation. Each port supports 2 devices with daisy chain. ([Both BioStar] Daisy Chain and RS485 Connection)
You CANNOT connect 3rd party OSDP readers and Suprema RS-485 Slave devices to the same RS-485 port of CoreStation.
The specifications for the maximum number of Suprema Slave devices supported by CoreStation and the maximum number of 3rd party OSDP readers are not counted together. (e.g., If 64 Suprema RS-485 Slave devices are connected to a single CoreStation, 3rd party OSDP readers can be connected to other remaining ports where Suprema RS-485 Slave devices are not connected.)
[Table 3 - Wiring sample of HID and STid]
C. Set up CoreStation configurations.
- Set the SCB Key.
- Set the Baud Rate according to each 3rd party OSDP reader's specifications.
- Set the Authentication part. Please set the right "Byte Order" according to each 3rd party device's design. "Byte Order" can differ from the Suprema device's specification.
D. Right-click on CoreStation in the "Connected" state and click "Add OSDP Device."
- Add OSDP Device: for adding 3rd party OSDP reader.
- Search Suprema Slave Device: for adding Suprema devices in Slave mode.
E. Check the "Port Status" and click the Port to which the 3rd party device is connected.
- Please note that the "Port Status" should be available.
- You can add a maximum of "2" 3rd party OSDP readers per port and a maximum of "8" 3rd party OSDP readers in total.
- You CANNOT connect 3rd party OSDP readers and Suprema RS-485 Slave devices to the same RS-485 port of CoreStation.
F. Set up details of the 3rd party OSDP reader's configuration.
- You must set up a 3rd party OSDP reader before adding devices to CoreStation with the tools which each product's manufacturer provides.
- Supported Auth Mode: "Card Only" or "Card + PIN"
- NOTE: PIN Only mode is not available to support.
G. The device tree will show if all settings are configured well.
H. When you try to access on the 3rd party OSDP reader, it will show the logs as follows: