Affected Products & Versions: BioStar 1.93
If you're using the automatic log migration feature to the EVENT_LOG_BK (turned on by default) and when you try to edit or delete a old T&A punch record on the detailed editing page, it doesn't apply due to a bug. The cause is that the software is trying to change the event log in the EVENT_LOG table while the log has already been migrated to the EVENT_LOG_BK table in the database.
1. Enter the Time and Attendance menu.
2. Click Report.
3. Choose a user and select an old date period.
4. Click Update Report.
5. Right click on the device and click Detailed editing.
6. Choose a record and click Edit Event or Delete Event.
7. Record may appear to be edited or deleted.
8. Close out of Detailed editing.
9. Open Detailed Editing again.
10. The edited / deleted log remains or an extra log appears to be added.
Use the Solution
1. Stop the BioStar Server service with BioStar Server Config.
2. Back up the C:\Program Files (x86)\BioStar\server\TAManager.dll
3. Download the file and extract:
4. Paste the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\BioStar\server
5. Start the BioStar Server service with BioStar Server Config.
6. Check that the record can now be deleted and doesn't duplicate.