If BioStar 2 page is suddenly showing the error below, it may be caused by the following reasons.
Error: This site can't be reached. Refused to connect
- Affected Products & Versions
All version of BioStar 2
I cannot log in to BioStar2 even though BioStar2 Server is running.
I cannot access BioStar2 even though BioStar2 Server is running.
Corrupted setting.conf issue.
There is a file named setting.conf among the files to be used when the Biostar 2 server starts up.
If the data in the file is corrupted, you can not connect BioStar 2.
- Analyse method
1) Your setting.conf file is found in C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)
2) Confirm if the "service" part is missing in the setting.conf.
Fixing the BioStar 2 Configuration File
* Make a backup copy of the setting.conf file in another location before you proceed in case you make wrong edits to the file.
* Below configuration file requires that you have the database on the same PC as the server (remote_db:false)
1-1) Copy the corrupted setting.conf to your temporary folder.
1-2) Run a notepad as administrator.
1-3) Open the corrupted setting.conf and compare the missing part.
1-4) Update the missing part by referring to the attached file.
-Update the ssl_addr IP address as your server IP address.
1-5) Save the file and replace the setting.conf in C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64).
If you are using HTTPS without any additional BioStar setting change, you can follow the below procedure.
2-1) Download the attached setting.conf file in accordance with the version of BioStar2.
2-2) Open it to notepad.
2-3) Update the ssl_addr IP address as your server IP address.
2-4) Save the file and replace the setting.conf in C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64).
* If your BioStar 2 version is below 2.6.0, please refer to the article below.