From BioStar 2.7.14, Windows Authentication Mode for MS SQL database Connection is supported. To use the Windows Authentication mode in your BioStar 2 Server, you need to configure the login account setting of MSSQL Database Server according to the article below.
- If you used MS SQL Server Authentication mode in the former version and try to upgrade to BioStar 2.7.14 or later, you can select ONLY 'SQL Server Authentication' mode.
- You can convert from 'SQL Server Authentication' mode to 'Windows Authentication' mode or in the opposite direction in BioStar 2.7.14 or later.
Depends on Windows Account Policy of a server machine, there are two ways to configure MSSQL Windows Authentication.
1. Basic Configuration for Non Active Directory PC environment
- Run the MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- Go to 'Security > Logins > NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMS' and double click.
- Go to 'Server Roles' and assign public and sysadmin roles.
- Go to 'User Mapping' page and choose master, AC DB, TA DB, and VE DB you created.
2. Basic Configuration for Active Directory PC environment
- Login MS SQL Server Management Studio program with administrator account.
- Right click at 'Security > Logins' and choose 'New Login...'.
- Choose 'Windows authentication' mode and click 'Search' button.
- Click 'Locations' button and choose your Active Directory.
- Check your name and click 'OK'.
- Go to 'Server Roles' tab and assign 'sysadmin' authority.
- Go to 'User Mapping' tab and make default schema of master, AC DB, TA DB and VE DB to 'dbo'.
- Click 'OK'.
3. Installation Change
- During the installation, you can find 'mssql windows auth.' check box if you choose 'Custom Installation > MS-SQL'.
- If Windows Authentication mode is activated, the ID and password input box will be deactivated.
- Notice : If there is any issue during checking the DB connection, you cannot move on to the next step.