Up to BioStar 2.7.12, there was a limitation when you fill the User Information in the BioStar 2. When you put 'hyphen' and 'underscore' in the most front in email address or right before the '@' sign, then the email address was regarded as invalid address and could not enroll new user or update user information.
Due to company's email policies are different, some customers could not enroll users with right information and also could not use Suprema Mobile Access well for some users. To meet user convenience, Suprema improved email address policy.
- 'Hyphen' and 'underscore' can be put any where before '@' sign.
- 'Dot' cannot be put in the most front or right before the '@' sign.
- CANNOT put other special symbols in the email address.
<Difference between BioStar 2.7.12 and 2.7.14>.
1) Up to BioStar 2.7.12
- CANNOT enroll user with email address '-email@example.com' due to the position of hyphen symbol.
2) BioStar 2.7.14
- CAN enroll user with email address '-firstname.lastname@example.org'.