Up to BioStar 2.7.12, there was a limitation when you fill in the User Information in the BioStar 2. When you put 'hyphen' and 'underscore' in the most front in the email address or right before the '@' sign, then the email address was regarded as an invalid address and could not enroll new users or update user information.
Due to the company's email policies are different, some customers could not enroll users with the right information and also could not use Suprema Mobile Access well for some users. To meet user convenience, Suprema improved the email address policy.
- 'Hyphen' and 'underscore' can be put anywhere before the '@' sign.
- 'Dot' cannot be put in the most front or right before the '@' sign.
- CANNOT put other special symbols in the email address.
<Difference between BioStar 2.7.12 and 2.7.14>
1) Up to BioStar 2.7.12
- CANNOT enroll a user with the email address '-firstname.lastname@example.org' due to the position of the hyphen symbol.
2) BioStar 2.7.14
- CAN enroll a user with the email address '-email@example.com'.