In the former BioStar 2, there were various limitations to register devices through the Mobile Credential application and use. For example, if the user currently had devices in the running BioStar 2 server and wanted to use Suprema Mobile Access, then they had to reset the device, remove it from BioStar 2 server, and re-configure all settings back after they setup Mobile Credential settings. So Suprema improved the Mobile Credential feature for user convenience in BioStar 2.7.14.
* The name of Suprema Mobile Credential will be changed to Suprema Mobile Access. Both Suprema Mobile Credential and Suprema Mobile Access are a Service Name. Since 27-April-2020, Suprema will update the mobile app to Airfob Pass and update the name of the portal from Mobile Credential Portal to Airfob Portal.
This article is for indicating the updated feature of Suprema Mobile Credential in BioStar v2.7.14.
To get a concept and operation of Suprema Mobile Access (Credential), please go to the article below and review it.
What features of Suprema Mobile Access (Credential) updated in BioStar v2.7.14 is:
1. Merged Mobile Credential's Advanced part into General items
Updated Part: BioStar 2>Settings>Mobile Credential
1) In BioStar 2.7.14, we merged Domain, Port, and Site ID into 'General' items.
2. Change of Mobile Credential Usage
1) When you set 'Use' the Mobile Credential Set, then 'Site ID', 'Password', and 'Email' are essentially required to input.
- Email, Password: the data of the user who signed in to the portal. (https://mc.suprema.io)
- Site ID: the site ID which user created through the portal. (https://mc.suprema.io)
2) After inserting all items, the 'Connect' button is activated.
3) When you click the 'Connect' button, then BioStar2 will synchronize the information to 'Airfob Portal' and check if the information is valid. (Airfob Portal is a new name of Suprema Mobile Credential Portal.)
If the information is correct with ‘Airfob Portal’, then the below popup will show up.
- Connected. Please register devices before using the mobile credentials.
- If the information mismatched with 'Airfob Portal', then an error pop-up will show up and decline setting up the connection.
Note: If ONLY 'Site ID' is wrong, the connection will be set up but will show up error pop-up window to correct 'Site ID'.
4) You can add new devices in the 'Site' through the '+ Add' button on the right side.
Once you click [+Add] in Device Registration, there will be the devices in the Device Menu of BioStar2. Please note that XPass 2 is only available to use for Suprema Mobile Credential. We will update soon.
- If you click the 'Sync' button on the right side of the device, the key for connection setup will be overwritten on the device.
- If you click the 'Delete' button on the most right side of the device, the device will be automatically removed from Airfob Portal and the key will be deleted from the device at the same time.
6) You can sort devices by 'Device ID' and 'Device Name'.
7) When you try to set Mobile Credential Set, 'Not Use' with registered devices in the list, then the pop-up message will come up.
- ONLY IF all devices' synchronization key deleted well, then Mobile Credential Set will turn to 'Not Use'.
- Otherwise, the 'Use' status will be kept and leave failed devices in the list.
8) You can check the Mobile Credential configuration change from Audit Trail.
(Appendix. Terminology about Mobile Solution)
Suprema Mobile Credential changes to Airfob Branding UI with New Features on April 27, 2020.