From BioStar v2.7.14, the upgraded hardware of XPass D2 is available to use for Suprema Mobile Access. (Click here about Suprema Mobile Access)
What different is XPass D2 (Rev 2) from XPass D2?
The exterior of XPass D2 and XPass D2 (Rev 2) are same.
But, the compatibility with a RS485 master device, the available feature and an Icon are different from the former XPass D2 series.
* Regarding the release date of XPass D2 (Rev 2) and the firmware of D2 (Rev 2), please contact Suprema sales team and technical team.
1. XPass D2 (Rev 2) has an enhanced BLE feature to use Suprema Mobile Access.
* The name of Suprema Mobile Credential changed to Suprema Mobile Access. Both of Suprema Mobile Credential and Suprema Mobile Access are a Service Name. Since 27-April-2020, Suprema updated the of the mobile app to Airfob Pass and update the name of the portal from Mobile Credential Portal to Airfob Portal.
To distinguish from XPass D2, please check the below information.
- The Device Type in BioStar2 SW Device Configuration is XPass D2 (Rev).
- The version of XPass D2 (Rev 2) is v1.4.0.
- The Product name in BioStar2 SW is XPD2-GDB/XPD2-MDB/XPD2-GKDB same as before XPass D2.
- The Hardware version in BioStar2 SW is 2.0.
- From the back of XPass D2 (Rev 2), the product sticker indicates HW information as V02.
- Kernel Version of XPass D2 (Rev 2) is v1.2.2. It's the version of BLE FW.
[Device Type: Xpass D2 (Rev 2) in BioStar2>Device]
2. The FW Compatibility of RS485 Master device is different.
3. Device Icon of XPass D2 (Rev 2) is as follows.
There is a blue mark on the device to show and distinguish from the former XPass D2.
<XPass D2 (Rev 2)>
FAQ about XPass D2 (Rev 2)
Q1. Could I use Suprema Mobile Access to the old XPass D2 not using XPass D2 (Rev 2)?
Unfortunately, no. You should replace the current XPass D2 to XPass D2 (Rev 2).
Q2. Will XPass D2 firmware be different?
Yes, the version of XPass D2 will be v1.3 and the version of XPass D2 (Rev 2) is v1.4.
v1.3 firmware of XPass D2 will be the last version and Suprema will not release the firmware.
Q3. Could I upgrade the existing XPass D2 to v1.4 for using Suprema Mobile Access?
Unfortunately, no. You can NOT upgrade XPass D2 to v1.4. The v1.4 is only available to use to XPass D2 (Rev 2).
BioStar 2 SW will not show the firmware file (v1.4) to [Firmware Upgrade] while XPass D2 is connecting.
Q4. Could I downgrade XPass D2 (Rev 2) to v1.2?
Unfortunately, no. You can NOT downgrade the firmware because of the different device type.
BioStar 2 SW will not show the firmware file (v1.2) to [Firmware Upgrade] while XPass D2 (Rev 2) is connecting.
Q5. Could I have the compatible chart for each FW/HW revision?
Refer to the below information.
|FW Version: v1.2.0||FW Version: FW v1.4.0|
|XPass D2 (Rev)||X||O|