Dear Valued Partners,
BioStar 2 v2.8.9 is now available from our website. (Download)
Please check the below and keep using the latest version of BioStar 2.
New Features & Improvements
1. Stabilization of features for Mobile Access.
- Displays user information, such as photo, department, title, and period on the Mobile Access Card.
- Improves a user interface for resending Mobile Access Card.
2. Indicate a guideline in the Visual Face Registration Page from the registration link when registering Visual Face on the mobile device.
3. Changed 'Email Contents' menu to the 'Email Setting'.
- Before: Email Contents
- After: Email Setting
4. Updated the event log of the related scheduled unlock zones in the log list of Trigger & Action.
5. Updated some language resource files.
6. Changed the names of db-converter log files.
* Main bug fixes are mentioned below. Please check the attached revision note to find the left items.
- Extended auth mode gets disabled intermittently when multiple FaceStation F2 devices try to connect to the server simultaneously. (Affects version: v2.8.8)
- Punch logs were not displayed if the punch type was null in the updated individual reports by selecting the 'All Punches' option. (Affects version: v2.7.10)
- Punch logs were not recorded properly in the individual reports updated by selecting the 'All Punches' option. (Affects version: v2.7.10)
- The 'Check In' log was only recorded in the report even though the user selected 'Check Out' on the T&A device.
- BioStar 2 could not connect with the TA database if using another port information other than the default port 1433 when installed using MS SQL Windows authentication. (Affects version: v2.7.14) (Relevant article)
- PIN authentication failed due to the device's default hash key transmission error. (Affects version: v2.4.0)
- If both user data registered with a face template and user data registered with a visual face template were sent to FaceStation 2 and FaceStation F2 at the same time, the authentication failed on FaceStation F2. (Affects version: v2.8.6)
- T&A device synchronization problems
- Devices added in DEVICE menu were not synchronized with the TIME ATTENDANCE menu.
- FaceLite added in DEVICE menu was not displayed in the T&A device list. (Affects version: v2.7.10)
- Devices added in DEVICE menu were not displayed in the T&A device list because the value of device group ID became null due to a synchronization problem. (Affects version: v2.7.5)
- When starting the T&A service, a user was automatically signed out of BioStar 2 and was not able to sign in again. (Affects version: v2.8.4)
- When accessing the T&A service while a user was signed in to BioStar 2, 'Unknown error. Check the log file for detailed information' error message was displayed.
- If clicking Apply in the SERVER menu after setting the Mobile Access option to 'Use', the setting was changed to 'Not uses'.