Dear Valued Partners,
Release Date: 2022-10-05
A new official BioStar 2 Device SDK 2.8.3 (V126.96.36.199) has been released recently with some bug fixes.
SDK Release notes list
BioStation 3 connection support (Device name: BS3-DB, BS3-APWB)
- Relevant Article: [BioStar 2] New Product Introduction - BioStation 3
Add User Information Partial Renewal Function.
- Updates partial information of an already registered user. The user you want to renew must be a registered user. You can optionally specify the partial information you want to update using the mask. If you want to delete partial information, you can delete it in combination with BS2User infoMask.
Add User statistics acquisition Function.
Add file log function for debugging that allows file segmentation and storage.
1. BioStation 3 Added connection support, related extended VoIP settings, and RTSP settings.
1) Intercom with SIP based on VoIP Server
- Refer to structure BS2VoipConfigExt
- API BS2_GetVoipConfigExt has been added
- API BS2_SetVoipConfigExt has been added
Relevant Article: [BioStation 3] How To Setup BioStation 3 Intercom with Linphone
2) RTSP Configuration
Add Structure BS2RtspConfig
API BS2_GetRtspConfig has been added
API BS2_SetRtspConfig has been added
Relevant Article: [BioStation 3] How To Use RTSP of BioStation 3 with VMS
2. Added function to partially update user information.
Compatible FW is required. BioStation 3 v1.0.0 is available to support this feature. For the other device's firmware schedule, please contact Suprema team.
- API BS2_PartialUpdateUser has been added
- API BS2_PartialUpdateUserEx has been added
- API BS2_PartialUpdateUserSmall has been added
- API BS2_PartialUpdateUserSmallEx has been added
- API BS2_PartialUpdateUserFaceEx has been added
3. Added functionality to get user statistics held by the device.
- Refer to structure BS2UserStatistic
- API BS2_GetUserStatistic has been added
4. Added file log function for debugging that allows file segmentation to be saved.
- API BS2_SetDebugFileLogEx has been added
1. When outputting log files for debugging, the time information displayed has been modified to display up to milliseconds.
- Refer to API BS2_SetDebugFileLog
2. The face setting method changes.
In the face detection stage, face width, which represents the width of the face image, and search range, which represents the search range, are entered in pixels.
This was a rather difficult input unit for the user to set up.
The detection distance, wide search provided afterward is changed to a more sensible setting unit by entering the distance to the detected face in cm.
As of the time SDK V2.8.3 is distributed, only 'BioStation 3' can be distance-based, and then extended to 'FaceStation F2' is planned.
- Refer to API BS2FaceConfig
3. Added information such as user update support, simulated unlock support, RTSP support, Visual QR support, and extension number registered in Extended VoIP.
- Refer to API BS2DeviceCapabilities
4. In the user structure, an infoMask has been added to indicate the user's credential information.
Also, by modifying the mask value of the infoMask and lowering it to the device, it is possible to partially change/delete the information that the user has.
- Refer to API BS2User
5. The problem of not applying conditions such as start index and request quantity when obtaining the log of USB has been corrected. We also fixed an issue that occurs when the acquired log time is abnormally large.
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogFromDir
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogBlobFromDir
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogSmallBlobFromDir
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogSmallBlobExFromDir
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogFromDirWithKey
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogBlobFromDirWithKey
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogSmallBlobFromDirWithKey
- Refer to API BS2_GetLogSmallBlobExFromDirWithKey
6. When using the filtered log of USB, the problem of the date search not being successful has been corrected.
- Refer to API BS2_GetFilteredLogFromDir
- Refer to API BS2_GetFilteredLogFromDirWithKey
7. A simple bug in the C# example has been fixed.
8. Improved usability of SSL at low-speed network environments.
9. Fixed the bug that crashed if the access group existed during a USB import.
10. Edited to stabilize code internally in SDK.
Please download the new version SDK library at the official Device SDK Github page.