Applied to: FW v1.0.0_20220901 or above
Available BioStar 2 Version: v2.9.0 or above
Available BioStar 2 Device SDK Version: v2.8.3 or above
Available Suprema G-SDK Version: Coming Soon
BioStation 3 supports RTSP(Real Time Streaming Protocol) to be connectable with Video Management System. BioStar 2 system or BioStation 3 does not store the streaming. It only supports the configuration to be able to add to Video Management System.
The purpose of RTSP of BioStation 3 is for the 3rd party application and its Integration. If you have the VMS(Video Management System) on your network, you can add BioStation 3 to be an IP camera and watch the real-time streaming from BioStation 3 visual camera.
[Example: BioStation 3 can be an IP camera and sends real-time video streaming without voice to Video Management System(VMS)]
RTSP provides real-time streaming video(no voice) from BioStation 3.
BioStation 3 can be used as an IP camera on Video Management System.
The resolution of real-time streaming is 180x320.
While the video is being streamed, the REC icon appears on the screen. (Also when it’s in screen saver mode)
[Location of Icon REC]
BioStation 3 v1.0.0 firmware displays RTSP text icon and v1.0.1 firmware displays REC text icon for better understanding to the users.
How to setup RTSP of BioStation 3 with VMS
Let's configure RTSP of BioStation 3 and add it to VMS. This article uses Nx Witness VMS for demonstration.
Step 1: Go to BioStar 2, add BioStation 3, and select the device configuration.
- Click BioStation 3 and then confirm the RTSP menu among the configuration list of the device configuration.
- Click RTSP menu and enable the option RTSP to [Use].
RS485 slave device does not support RTSP option.
- Set an ID and Password for BioStation 3 to connect with this credential to VMS.
- Click [Copy] to save the device IP address to enter VMS client.
- Copied text: rtsp://192.168.116.127
You can configure same settings via BioStar 2 Device SDK or upcoming version of Suprema G-SDK.
Step 2: Install VMS
- Install a VMS Server and VMS Client programs properly.
Step 3: Add BioStation 3 RTSP information such as IP, ID, and Password to the VMS Client
- Run VMS Client such as NxOptix Client.
- Click the right button on the mouth and select [Paste] to enter the IP information of BioStation 3.
[Example: NxOptix Client-Adding Devices]
Confirm if the IP address starts from rtsp:// such as rtsp://192.168.116.127.
- Follow the steps
- Note: Login/password is for the generated credential of D/PW of BioStation 3 RTSP configuration.
[Example: NxOptix Client-Adding Devices with the IP address and BioStation 3 ID/PW of RTSP]
Step 4: Confirm if you can see the real-time streaming in the VMS client.
- BioStation 3 displays the REC icon to notify the users.
[Example: NxOptix Client-Live View and BioStation 3 with the icon REC to notify users]