[English Display at English Language Setting / Spanish Display at Custom Language Setting]
It is possible to customize languages, or to change the message displayed on the device by configuring the device’s resource file. Follow the steps below to change the texts displayed on the device (Facestation F2).
How to set up?
1. Download the Resource file zip folder that matches the device at [BioStar 2] Changing the Device Language (Translation) and unzip the zip folder.
2. Download the Resource Tool. It is located inside the latest resource file.
3. Open ResourceTool_IncludeFSF2.exe and run as administrator.
4. Press Open and choose the relevant resource inside the Resource file that fits the device. Select All file to search the resource file. Make sure that the device and the resource file’s firmware match.
5. Fill out the information at TagWrite (Firmware Version, Device Type, Card Type). Note that the DeviceType must match to read resources at BioStar 2.
6. Change the text under Resource Table for text customization displayed on the device by editing here directly.
7. The edited information can be saved by pressing Save. Make sure to save the files in Resource file format (.rc).
Changing Language Display at Custom Setting
Here is a demonstration of putting a custom language to the device. I will set the language to Custom and change the “Access Granted” window to display it in Spanish “Accesso Permitido."
*Note: If you use a language that requires a special font, scroll down the list and find the font at the end of the .rc file, uncomment the section (for example, erase “//Latin :”), and add 60000 to apply the font.
ex. Selecting Latin Font to display the username or text in Latin
1. Find the Custom section at the Resource Table.
2. Find “Access Granted” and double click to edit. Change to “Acceso Permitido.”
3. Press Build. A .bin file will be created at the location of the Resource Tool. I will rename the file to FSF2_RES_Spanish.
4. Copy the new .bin to <Program Files -> BioStar 2(x64) -> resource>. Continue with administrator permission.
5. Login to BioStar 2.
6. Go to Device and choose the device to customize.
7. Go to Advanced -> Display/Sound. Press Update Resources.
8. The .bin file inserted to the resource folder should show up. Press the .bin file and press Apply.
If successful, this message will appear.
9. The device will reset after applying the resource file. Go back to the Display/Sound settings and change the Language to Custom. Press Apply.
10. Check to see if the customization is applied on the device through authentication.