Affected Versions: ONLY BioStar 2 Version 2.9.0 with windows server 2012 R2
When a user upgrades to BioStar 2 version 2.9.0 with windows server 2012 R2, users will not be able to log in to BioStar 2. BioStar 2 version 2.9.0 requires OpenCV library, which depends on mfplat.dll. However, mfplat.dll is a missed component in windows server 2012 R2.
Please refer to the description below if you have already upgraded BioStar 2 version 2.9.0 using windows server 2012 R2.
BioStar 2 Version 2.9.0 DOES NOT support windows server 2012 R2
Relevant Issue Description
1. After upgrading to BioStar 2, user is no longer able to log-in to BioStar 2
2. The issue does not get solved even after restarting BioStar 2 service
3. The issue still occurs even after alternating enckey file
4. BioStar 2 server can not run due to MFPlat.DLL missing
Step 0. STOP BioStar 2 service
Step 1. Add the Windows Server Essentials role in the server management
- Open [server management] Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box, or open the Command Prompt. Type ServerManager and press Enter.
- Open Server Manager. Click Manager -> Add Roles and Features.
- Check Role-based or feature-based installation
- In Select server roles. Select Windows Server Essentials Experience.
Step 2. Install Windows Server Essentials Media Pack
- Go to the official website to download and Install the Windows Server Essentials Media Pack
Step 3. Restart BioStar 2 service and login
BioStar 2 Version 2.9.1 or higher
Microsoft has made its official statement: Windows server 2012 R2 will be no longer supported starting from October 10,2023 Windows Server 2012 R2 - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Learn