Before using Suprema CLUe for integration, please make sure that there is no problem with the network connection.
Refer to the following checklist on what addresses to allow in order to access CLUe API.
List of Adresses and Ports to Whitelist
- API Endpoint: https://api.moon.supremainc.com
- IoT Address: a31lew4bw9yc4g-ats.iot.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com
- IoT Port: 8883
- DNS: 126.96.36.199 (Google DNS)
** if you want to use another DNS, set this through the device menu and add to whitelist
How to check if API is Reacheable/Accessible?
Test the connection to your device data endpoint and port
- Data Endpoint (IoT): a31lew4bw9yc4g-ats.iot.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com
- IoT Port: 8883
Before performing below procedure, make sure that you have installed nmap on your PC.
On how to install, refer to the source link above.
To test your device data endpoint and port
1. In a terminal or command line window on your device, enter the following command
nmap -p 8883 a31lew4bw9yc4g-ats.iot.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com
2. If nmap displays an output similar to the following, nmap was able to connect successfully to your device data endpoint at the selected port.
Starting Nmap 7.92 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2022-02-18 16:23 Pacific Standard Time Nmap scan report for a3qEXAMPLEsffp-ats.iot.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com (xx.xxx.147.160) Host is up (0.036s latency). Other addresses for a3qEXAMPLEsffp-ats.iot.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com (not scanned): xx.xxx.134.144 xx.xxx.55.139 xx.xxx.110.235 xx.xxx.174.233 xx.xxx.74.65 xx.xxx.122.179 xx.xxx.127.126 rDNS record for xx.xxx.147.160: ec2-EXAMPLE-160.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com PORT STATE SERVICE 8883/tcp open https-alt MAC Address: 00:11:22:33:44:55 (Cimsys)
3. If nmap didn't return a successful output, check the endpoint value to make sure you have the correct endpoint and check your device's connection with the internet.
4. You can test other ports on your device data endpoint, such as port 443, the primary HTTPS port, by replacing the port used in step 1, 8443, with the port that you want to test.
Check if Firewall is Blocking ICMP Traffic
Even though the above endpoints and ports are allowed but still the device cannot connect to the device, there is a chance that the organization's firewall is blocking incoming ICMP messages, although outgoinf messages are allowed to pass freely.
In this situation, your ICMP Echo Request messages may be getting to the remote system—and it may be responding—but your firewall is blocking the responses from getting back into your network. As a result, the device could not establish a connection to Suprema CLUe Cloud Server.
Ask your network administration to allow incoming ICMP traffic from the following sources.
How to check if Device is Connected to CLUe Server?
1. Cloud Icon is displayed in the Home Screen.
2. Successfully ping the endpoints listed in Device Menu > Settings > Network > Ethernet/Wifi > Ping Test