** This document has been created by Laney Lee who is a technical support engineer at Suprema.
BioStar 2 v2.7.7 is now available from our website.
From BioStar v2.7.7, there are two major changes from former versions.
1. TA license policy is changed.
- Floating shift is supported for all TA license types.
- If there was a TA license already, it is replaced by a Professional license.
- Review the article linked which contains the license policy change. ([Biostar 2] Time Attendance License Policy Change From Biostar 2.7.7)
2. Visitor Menu (for visitor management) is supported.
- A new feature to manage visitors in your site.
- This feature needs a Visitor license to be supported.
- All USB scanner devices include BioMini / BioMini plus 2 / DE620 are not supported for visitor registration and the check-in/out only are allowed to proceed in BioStar 2 SW.
- Notice : We are planning a webinar schedule include the introduction of Visitor function in early July.
New Features and Improvements
- Add the visitor management.
- The license policy of Time & Attendance is changed.
- Improved that a user can access the Time Attendance menu using a private domain address.
- Improved to allow users with login IDs to proceed first when users are synchronized to the Time Attendance menu.
- Provided the 'Error dbscript db-converter' message on the Completing the BioStar 2 Setup Wizard screen if a db script error occurs during the BioStar 2 installation.
- Changes the Java version.
- Before : 1.8.0_201
- After : 1.8.0_212
See more features and bug fixes at the attached revision note.
You can download the new version installation file at the link below.
BioStar v2.7.7 Revision Notes