From the BioStar 2.7.11, a new user synchronization option is included.
The user synchronization option, 'Specific Devices(Only devices belonging to the access group)', is a partial auto user synchronization mode. This means that depends on the access group configuration, user data will automatically sync by belonged devices.
(Updated Article, 17-April-2020 : From BioStar v2.7.14, the option helps to transfer the relevant access level and the relevant floor level to the devices.)
- If you use 'Specific Devices(Only devices belonging to the access group)' feature for synchronization, the Face Group Matching feature will NOT WORK.
- Please DO NOT USE this feature if you are using Face Group Matching.
1. What is the concept of 'Specific Devices(Only devices belonging to the access group)'?
- Transfer the access group to the device which the device is belonged to.
- Transfer user data to the Master device of each door relay and floor relay.
- If an user is not included in one or more access groups among all access group which the device is included, then the user should be deleted.
- If an user is included in one or more access groups among all access group which the device is included, then the user should be stored in the device and updated.
- Some special access group which the device is not included needs to get user data.
- e.g. bypass group, etc.
- Users who registered as device administrator should be transferred to devices whether the user is registered in the access group or not.
- Changes in access levels, access group or other configuration will automatically update user data (include credentials) stored in the device.
2. How to configure the 'Specific Devices(Only devices belonging to the access group)'?
- Step 1. Choose the mode from 'BioStar 2 > Settings > Server > User/Device Management > Automatic User Synchronization'.
- Step 2. The pop-up warning message will come. This warning message gives you a guide that you need to click 'Delete Data & Sync Device' for each device to use the new user synchronization mode. Click 'OK'.
- If you do not proceed 'Delete Data & Sync Device', then each device will keep invalid users which you used before.
- If invalid user data keep stored in the device, then there can be some issues during your operation.
- Step 3. Two new database tables will be created in your AC DB. (t_acsgrsent, t_usersent).
- Step 4. Proceeding 'Delete Data & Sync Device' for each device. You should proceed manually for all devices in your BioStar 2 server.