To detect suspected infections and restrict user access, there is a way to integrate a thermal camera with Anti tailgating of Suprema access control system.
Thermal camera : It can detect skin-surface temperature of a person.
Anti tailgating : It's to restrict an authorized person from gaining access through a turnstile or gate after an authorized person has already gained access. For more details, click here.
To use this solution, a thermal camera with below specifications are required.
ㆍCapable of Measuring body temperature precisely
ㆍCapable of configuring to release a relay signal when it detects certain level of body temperature
ㆍIO interface for relay signal
ㆍCapable of configuring to relay output duration
* The above FaceStation 2 can be replaced with all of Suprema 2nd generation devices.
<How To Integrate Suprema access control system with a thermal camera>
1. Install VMS Server or connect the thermal camera via web browser with referring the manual of the thermal camera system.
- To send the signal to Suprema device, please make an output signal configuration for abnormal temperature detection.
* It's a separated part and configuration from Suprema access system.
2. Install BioStar 2 v2.7.14 and go to C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\nginx\html\resources.
BioStar 2 Download: Click here
2.1 Change the name of messages_en.properties to another name for making a backup.
2.2 Click here to download the new English resource file of Biostar 2 v2.7.14 to indicate the "Access Denied (Anti-Tailgating)" message to "Abnormal temperature detected" when there is an input detection from the thermal camera.
* If you want to have another language resource file, please contact Suprema team.
2.3 Copy the downloaded messages_en.properties from the above step 2 to C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\nginx\html\resources to update the certain string of BioStar 2 UI. As soon as you update that, BioStar 2 will be available to show the updated UI string without restarting BioStar 2 server.
3. Go to BioStar2 SW>DEVICE, and add a device. (Click here for adding devices)
<Example for adding FaceStation 2>
3.1 Click here to download the updated resource file of FaceStation 2 to show "Abnormal temperature detected!" instead of the message "Anti-Tailgating Violation".
* If you have other device type, please refer how to change the resource to the link here. Search "Anti-Tailgating Violation" in the resource file of your device type and update it to "Abnormal temperature detected!". And then, convert the file with referring the link here.
3.2 Copy the file to C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\resource.
3.3 Go back to BioStar 2, click the device to configure the resource of a device message and a log event.
3.4 Scroll down and click [Advance], go to [Display/Sound].
3.5 Click on [Update Resource].
3.6 Click the file name (fs2_v1.3.0_20190805_ChangedDetection_MSG.bin) in Resource File.
<Example for Resource UI of FaceStation 2>
* The device will reboot automatically once the resource is downloaded to the device successfully.
4. Go to DOOR and create a new door. (Click here for adding new doors)
- Once you create the door, you should configure an access group/level for each user. (Click here for making an access group) If not, there will be "Access Denied (Invalid Access group)" and a user can not authenticate.
4.1. Set a Sensor of Anti-Tailgating in Option and click [Apply].
<Example for adding an input port 0 of FaceStation 2 to Sensor of Anti-Tailgating>
4.2 Once there is an output signal of thermal camera to an input of Suprema device, the log “abnormal temperature detected!” will show and there is a popup message on the LCD of device.
<Example the log event when there is an input detection in Anti-Tailgaiting>
4.3 (Optional) Make an alarm for the event log “abnormal temperature detected!” if you need to make an alert sound or an output signal with a siren/LED.
5. (Optional) Make Trigger&Action on Settings of BioStar 2 and set an Email Alert if you need to receive a notification email from BioStar 2 for the event log "abnormal temperature detected!".
- Go BioStar 2>Settings>Trigger&Action>Add Trigger&Action> Configure an email setting
For more details, click here.
|BioStar 2 SW||v2.7.8 or higher version|