BioStar 2 is a web-based, open, and integrated security platform that provides comprehensive functionality for access control, time & attendance, visitor management, and video logs.
What we plan to cover in this webinar:
We will go through the main features of the recently updated BioStar 2 and the upcoming version.
* BioStar 2 v2.8.11 will be released at the end of June.
- Data File Export/Import (v2.8.10)
- Intelligent Slave (v2.8.10)
- Occupancy Limit Zone (v2.8.11)
- X-Station 2 and QR (v2.8.11)
- Major Bug Fixes
* BioStar 2 v2.8.11 is not released yet. It will be released in July.
Recommended Level / Recommend Attendee
Intermediate Technical Sales of Suprema products, Intermediate Technical Engineers of Suprema products
Recorded video file:
Presentation file: Please find the attached file.
Laney Lee, Technical Consulting Engineer at Suprema
|BioStar 2 ver.||Subject||Link|
|2.8.10||BioStar 2.8.10 New Features and Configuration Guide||[BioStar 2] BioStar 2.8.10 New Features and Configuration Guide|
|2.8.10||Known Issue: Data File Export/Import||[Known Issue] BioStar 2.8.10 Data File Export/Import Feature Bug|
|2.8.10||Feature: Data File Export/Import||[BioStar 2] Updated Feature - Data Export/Import|
|2.8.10||Intelligent Slave||[BioStar 2] Intelligent Slave Support|
|2.8.11||Occupancy Limit Zone||[How To Video] How To Configure Occupancy Limit Zone|
|2.8.11||New Product: X-Station 2||[BioStar 2] New Product Introduction: X-Station 2|
|2.8.11||BioStar 2 QR in BioStar 2 2.8.11||[BioStar 2] How To Issue BioStar 2 QR in BioStar 2 SW|
|2.8.11||Third party QR with X-Station 2||[BioStar 2] How To Use Third party QR in BioStar 2|
1. Could I import the log data from FaceStation F2 via USB memory even though the user or the device is not yet added in the BioStar 2?
In this case, the user ID will only appear on the logs instead of showing both user ID and the name of the user.
2.Intelligent Slave: The Suprema slave device needs to be connected by TCP/IP for user registration? Does it mean user information can't be updated from the rs485 connection?
Yes, you will need TCP/IP connection to load the user information. User transfer through RS-485 is not supported due to many issues that could happen especially in bulk transfer.
3. When will you be adding other readers with intelligent features such as FaceStation 2 & Facestation F2?
FaceStation F2 and FaceStation 2 are targeted to be added at the end of this year. We will share soon the exact schedule when it is set.
4. Please explain OSDP ID in more detail.
In the case of OSDP readers, you can add more than one device under the RS485 network in the third party RS485 port.
To distinguish among slave devices, you can set the OSDP ID.
In short, this is an ID to distinguish the devices under the RS485 connection.
5. Occupancy Limit feature comes under which license??
It can be used starting from the BioStar 2 AC 'Standard' license. That is under the Zone feature.
[BioStar 2] Server License Specification
6. Is there any report available on the Occupancy Limit?
Not yet, but we are planning the Report menu in BioStar 2, there will be the Occupancy Limit zone report.
7. The bypass group people in the occupancy limit zone do not sum up when they enter the zone, or they sum up but do not affect the occupancy limit?
If you check it from the zone list, you will see 2 columns one for the actual count and one for bypass counts. There is a full-screen mode where it shows the occupancy count, but from here the bypass count does not appear.
8. Is there any limitation about the total number of Entry and Exit FSF2. for the occupancy limit?
This does not work as limiting access on entry or exit. It will just count the people within the zone and grant or deny access based on the limit.
9. Is it possible to use a slave device as an exit reader for the occupancy limit feature or should both directions (entry/exit) be tracked via an F2 series device?
I am sorry, right now it is only supported by F2 and FS2 when they are connected via TCP/IP, which means not slave, however, we do have plans to add more devices to be supported including when they are connected as slaves.
10. Does X-Station 2 support PoE(Power over Ethernet)?
Yes, it does support PoE.
11. Occupancy Limit Zone is the same monitoring room function, which fit for meeting zoom, right?
Just need only one device is can using this function?
You need 2 devices for the Occupancy Limit zone: one for Entry, the other for Exit. Between two devices there must be a door with a lock.
12. Is it possible to use the Occupancy Limit Zone on BioEntry W2 in certain cases?
The BioEntry W2 does not support the feature yet but will be added in the future.
13. if within the zone I have 8 x FaceStation F2 as Entry and 8 x FaceStation F2 as Exit. Can this occupancy limit work?
Yes, you can have multiple entry and exit devices. It will work fine.
14. Can we use X-Station 2 if we have already the existing QR data with third party system?
You can register the existing QR data in BioStar 2 User or API or CSV import if the QR is printable ASCII type.
Please check if the third-party system generates QR as printable ASCII type.
[BioStar 2] How To Use Third party QR in BioStar 2
15. Can you create/edit a notification template on the issuance of BioStar 2 QR Code when enrolling users?
You can add a title and a company logo to the email notification.
[BioStar 2] How To Issue BioStar 2 QR in BioStar 2 SW
16. Can I use different devices for the occupancy limit zone, FaceStation 2 for entry, and FaceStation F2 for an exit?
Yes, both FaceStation 2, FaceStation F2 are supported. you can mix them up!
18. QR Code is on the mobile pass app or only shown on email?
You can receive the QR image from the email.
19. Is there a way to use the QR code as temporary access for Visitors?
Not completely yet. You can allocate the QR to a user and give a short period that you need, but not ideally managed to be used on visitors.
20. Which reader does support OSDP?
All models support OSDP. For more information, please visit the following link.
Using OSDP with Suprema Product
21. When QR code functionality will it come in FaceStation F2?
That is under discussion. We will update our customers once we have updates to share.
22. Can we add QR code Time to be Valid functionality in Biostar 2
You cannot generate QR data with a validation time, but you can set up the end time of the user expiration.
23. Is the QR code function available in the basic software version of BioStar 2?
Yes, no license needed for QR codes.
25. Occupancy can be controlled by SDK?
The occupancy limit is a global zone feature which means the devices really do not interfere. You will have to build your own logic to do occupancy control using the SDK.
26.On the third party code, can I set an alphanumeric data?
Yes, you can use printable ASCII characters.