Custom user fields can be used when you need additional fields for user information other than the basic user information provided.
- This feature is available in BioStar 2 versions 2.2.1 and above.
- You cannot search users via custom user fields values on the search bar.
- You can import users with custom fields with a csv file.
1. Click on Setting > SERVER.
2. In the User/Device Management tab, click +Add on the Custom User Field.
There are three types of custom user fields you can add.
- Text Input Box: This field allows up to 32 characters.
- Number Input Box: This field allows up to 10 digits.
- Combo Box: You can create up to 20 options for this dropdown box. Separate the items at Data with a semicolon (;).
3. After editing the custom user fields, scroll down and click Apply.
4. If you go to the USER menu, you will see the that the custom fields have been applied to all existing users.