This document is for how to issue BioStar 2 QR. BioStar 2 QR is only available to use with X-Station 2 QR products.
For more details about X-Station 2, please visit [BioStar 2] New Product Introduction: X-Station 2.
How to issue BioStar 2 QR
You can generate QR code in BioStar 2 system and use it as a user credential as follows.
- Step 1: Set Email Setting in BioStar 2 and enable [QR] option to send the QR code to user emails
- Step 2: Add X-Station 2 QR device to BioStar 2
- Step 3: Go to USER menu and add a new user, update BioStar 2QR with user email
- Step 4: Confirm the email, download the attached QR in the email, or print out the QR
Step 1: Set Email Setting in BioStar 2 and enable [QR] option to send the QR code to user emails
Settings>EMAIL SETTING>Email Contents Setting
- Email Contents Setting is for Visual Face Enrollment and QR Enrollment only.
- Click [SMTP Setting].
- Refer to the SMTP Setting using in the company and update the information correctly.
- Please check Security Type and update the port in accordance with the security type.
- User name and Password must be matched.
- Enable the QR option as follows. and fill in the other contents.
Step 2: Add X-Station 2 QR device to BioStar 2
- XS2-QDPB and XS2-QAPB are available to scan QR or Barcode. Please check the product name and add the device to BioStar 2.8.11 or above.
Step 3: Go to USER menu and add QR
- To generate the BioStar 2 QR code, go to USER.
- Add a new user and add the Emai
- Click [QR/Barcode] in Credential
- Select BioStar 2 QR and click [Enroll]
- You can select Input Type as random card ID or manual ID input
- Click [Apply] to save the user data.
- At this time, the user receives the email from BioStar 2 and BioStar 2 synchronizes the user data to the connected devices.
- Check the success message.
Step 4: Check the email box. Download the attached QR in the email content, or print the QR from the downloaded QR
- Users can confirm the email on a mobile or a PC.
- The attached QR image file or, use the QR in the email content are available to use.
For BioStar 2 QR, the device Operation mode is same as Card Authentication mode.
If the user does not have the QR email, you can click [Resend] to send the email again.