Dear Valued Partners,
We are pleased to inform FaceStation 2 v1.4 FW revision.
Please visit Suprema website and download the most recent FaceStation 2 FW.
If you are using Suprema Thermal Camera with v1.3.2 beta FW, we highly recommend upgrading the FW to the official FW.
For the detailed features, please find the below list.
Released : Oct-14-2020
Build info: 1.4.0_20200918
New Features and Improvements
1. Enhancement in the security of the device.
- Restrict unencrypted connections.
- Enhancement in the security of encryption keys.
- Encrypt and migrate user information.
Upgrade progress will take time to update the enhanced encryption method to the existing data on the device memory. Please note that version downgrading will affect deleting all user/log data and initializing configuration. Please contact Suprema team if you need to downgrade the version from the 1.4 or high version to the old version.
2. Improved the Face Recognition Algorithm for users with glasses.
[In the case of FW compatiblities for Face Matching] Please note that the extracted face template from v1.4.0 or high version is NOT compatible to v1.3.1 or lower version device FW. It means that you cannot use FaceStation 2 v1.3.1 or old version FWs if you registered your face information to v1.4 device. Plesae check all the exisiting device's FW and match on the same FW version with FW upgrade plan.
[In the case of RS485 Master/Slave connetion] If the firmware of the face recognition device connected as a slave is the latest version (FaceStation 2: v1.4.0 or later, FaceLite: 1.2.0 or later), Face Authentication will be failure because the scanned Face template is not compatible with the existing template. Please upgrade the RS485 master device FW (FaceStation 2 or FaceLite) to the recent version (FaceStation 2: v1.4.0 or later, FaceLite: 1.2.0 or later).
04. Increased maximum number of users (1:N).
5. Improved Anti-pass back zone to operate based on the door status. [BioStar 2] APB zone based on the door status(Door sensor)
6. Improved the scheduled unlock zone function for each floor when controlling the elevator.[BioStar 2] Improved the Scheduled Unlock Zone Function to Support Elevator
7. Supports Face server matching. (BioStar 2 AC license is required.)
8. Supports the Mobile Access V1.1. [BioStar 2] How to Use Suprema Mobile Access
9. Supports the Suprema thermal camera. [Click here] [BioStar 2] How To Use Suprema Thermal Camera - FaceStation 2
10. Supports the Screen Saver.
11. Supports new device. - XPass D2 (Rev 2) [[BioStar 2] Upgraded Hardware Introduction : XPass D2 (Rev 2)]
1.1. When all or user data were exported to a USB and then the user data were imported again after upgrading the device firmware, the event log was deleted.
1.2. Logs generated while the device is disconnected are not sent to BioStar 2, even after the device is reconnected.
For a more detailed revision note, please visit Suprema website.