Dear Valued Partners,
BioStar 2 v2.7.8 is now available from our website.
Please check the below and keep to use the latest version of BioStar 2.
Some features of BioStar2 SW are available to use with FW upgrade.
The below devices are available to upgrade to use new features.
- CoreStation, BioEntry W2, BioStation L2, BioEntry P2
The firmware files of the below devices will be released by middle of August.
- BioStation 2, FaceStation 2, BioStation A2, BioLite N2
New Feature & Improvements
1. Enables users to search for visitors using fingerprints in the visit application page and VISITOR menu.
3. Allow to set duplicated Controller as CoreStation to different elevator list.
- Available to configure duplicated controller information to other elevator information: CoreStation
- Details: Allow to set duplicated Controller as CoreStation to different elevator list, it's allows up to 32 duplicated configuration with CoreStation.
Please note that it doesn't mean the specification change of OM120 and the maximum number of RS485 slave devices of CoreStation. For more details, please refer the below FAQs.
Q1) How many OM120 devices could we configure to one single CoreStation for using Elevator?
A) It's same as before. It can be configured with up to 16 OM-120 units for Elevator. OM120 Specification
Q2) How many RS485 Slave devices could we configure connect to one CoreStation?
A) It's same as before. Each RS485 port of CoreStation supports up to 31 slave devices with daisy chain, BUT the total number of Slave devices of CoreStation can have up to 64 slave devices. For more details, please refer the link below.
[BioStar 2] Maximum Slave Devices with CoreStation
Q3) What is the updated feature of BioStar v2.7.8 about the relevant Elevator&CoreStation?
A) BioStar2 v2.7.7 or lower version confirms the validation whether a Controller information of Elevator is duplicated with other Elevator configuration. And it blocks to configure if it is duplicated controller information with other Elevator information. BioStar v2.7.8 allows to set same CoreStation for Controller of each Elevator information. It's change for UI part of BioStar2 SW. You can configure duplicated controller configuration with CoreStation up to 32.
- User ID and Card ID
1. A user cannot access to BioStar 2 if the language is set to Turkish on Windows.
2. A user cannot access to Biostar 1.x to BioStar 2.x Migration Tool in an environment using Oracle database.
3. Some logs are missing during log migration in Biostar 1.x to BioStar 2.x Migration Tool.
4. The user information is not indicated in <Manage Users in Device> menu.
5. Errors occur when setting the period entry for user or visitor registration if the date format is set to 'dd/mm/yyyy'.
- Upgrade needs to be made carefully following the below link.
- Please make sure to make DB backup before upgrade, in order to avoid any possible data loss.